CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

eu SOU evengelico

Oi.
Well here it is again, pday! Woot! Unfortunately this keyboard SUCKS, so I don’t think I´m going to be able to write a very in depth letter..but anyway, this week has been rad! Sis. Shepherd and I have been EXCEPTIONALLY blessed in that we´re meeting and teaching very very cool people. So Alessandra and Andrê we baptized on Saturday, and their parents were there! Which was a miracle because they said they had to work and all this stuff came up, but they made it! And they were so happy! So now we´re trying to teach their parents so they can have an ETERNAL FAMILY! Alessandra and Andrê are such good kids. They received the Holy Ghost on Sunday, and Ana, Paulo Henrique and Marcos vinicious were SUPPOSED to, but the baby got sick and was throwing up and whatnot, so they didn’t make it. So we´re working hard to make sure they make it this Sunday. They´re such a good family.

Well now we´re working on finding new people, but the members lately have been AWESOME at giving references, so there is this one lady in particular (Helena) who is really cool. She´s really excited about everything. We´ve only just started teaching her though, so hopefully she´ll keep up this excitement through out the rest of her life.

BUT amongst all this good of course is opposition.
There are various things each person struggles with, but the hardest thing for me this week has been:
we went to visit Rafaela *Who was baptized about a month ago, remember?* and she informed us she´s not going to go to church anymore  We talked to her for about an hour trying to show her that enduring to the end is an essential part of the covenants she made, and the only way to overcome obstacles with God on her side, but she´s not interested anymore. I´m SOOOOOOOOO sad about this! I don’t even know what to think or how to handle it! And I cant help but ask myself over and over, what more could I have done? But we did everything we could for her, it all comes down to free agency. 

So I just have to pray that if there is more I can do the Lord will show me, and otherwise, respect her right to use her free agency.

So after Alessandra and Andrê´s baptism was a Festa de junino! Everyone dressed up as hillbillies and square danced. It was a riot! I loved it! I only wish I could’ve danced with them! Sadly, my camera died JUST before everything started.. But sis. Shepherd said I could get some pictures from her.


oh hey, if anyone feels like sending me a package, feel free to send with it:
-FACEWASH. They apparently don´t believe in it here.
-Sunblock *the super strong kind..* They don’t believe in that either (I found one bottle in a supernosso for $50 –that IS Reis, but STILL!!! WHO IS GOING TO PAY THAT MUCH??
-Hand sanitizer…
- post-it notes. IF there was ever a time to use post it notes, oh my. Its now. Ive never used post it notes so much in my life!

So yeah. I´m not going to DIE without these, so don´t stress, I just wanted to throw it out there incase anyone was wondering what I need. But its HEINIOUSLY expensive to send packages I know, so no worries, i´m not expecting anything.


Could someone tell me what Zwahlens mailing address is? I Want to send them a post card. I miss owenna like crazy!
And Ive been dreaming of hanging out with Becca and Angela lately, Someone should tell them I MISSSSSSSSSSSS them!!! I´ve been planning to write them snailmail EVERY pday, but I never seem to have enough time :/ but send them love, k???

Current favorite song to hear in the street: Cindy lauper! Girls just wanna have fun… yeah.. that’s right..
Of course that can´t top the brasilian verson of “blowers daughter” but then, who can top anything Damien rice? *answer: no one*
Awesome scripture:
D&C 42:78 life is just better when you obey all the commandments!

MATTHEW: K, so do you remember growing up I´d have those nightmares that you had died, so I´d climb into bed with you and sleep in your bed just so I knew you hadn´t died? Yeah, well your bed is a liiiiiiiiiittle bit too far away to do that, and Ive been having those dreams again, so WRITE ME!!! Send me pictures of you for goodness sake!!! I miss you like my left arm (were it to ever leave me..)! And hey, this week GO on a missionary split, seriously. Do it. Just knock on their door and tell them “ I AM going to come to one of your lessons. You know you need more ‘with a member’ numbers. “ do it. My companion always talks about her little brother who is your same age, and I get so jealous that she gets to see him in 2 months…. Ok LOVEYOUBYE!

0 comments: