CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oioioioi

This is definitely the 3rd time Ive started this letter. Bah!
Ok, well I wanted to send you some pictures, but I havent figured out how to add the pictures. Its ridiculous.. anyway, so I~ll just tell you about life.

So today was pretty cool, Sis. Julie Beck spoke at a devotional. Apparently the FIRST (persay) MTC in brasil was in her GARAGE because her dad was the 1st mission president here in brasil and so he would train the missionaries for a few days in their garage. MAdness! So cool! It was cool to see her speak portuguese.
Apparently Elder Bednar is coming on maio 19! Sweeeeeet..
As far as life goes, everything is well.. Going! FAST too. I only have 2 more weeks here in the CTM. Next Pday is my last here :s ah!
Most of me is TERRIFIED because I don~t feel terribly strong in TEACHING in the language, but I have a testimony of the Holy Ghost speaking in every language, so I know I~ll be ok. As for day to day language stuff, its been touch and go. More or less I can understand everyone all the time. There are a group of brazilans going to Belo Horizonte the same day I am, so we~ve become friends. We sit at meals together and talk in the halls and whatnot. Anyhoo, I can understand them 95% of the time. I understand 99% of my portuguese Preach my gospel, and 98% of the scriptures in portuguese, so its coming along.
This week has actually been a bit more rough than the other ones. I can´t really describe it really, but it was just harder all around. Thankfully the lord blesses me SO much, and I have felt His strength a lot this week as well.
My teachers are AWESOME. My afternoon professora Irmã Vasques gave Sis. Hodgson and I each a GORGEOUS metal butterfly clip with irredecent (someone please help my spelling.. meg?) rinestones (novamente..) She´s SO sweeT ! And a very good teacher.
My evening Professor Irmão Lima is HILARIOUS. He randomly starts speaking portuguese with a "french" accent. Its probably the funniest thing Ive heard in my life.
This week my brasilian roommates went off into the field :( Muito triste para mim, mas muito legal para elas.

I wish I had the time or words to express sufficiently the amazing things I have learned this week, but I have a feeling they wouldn´t mean as much to anyone else. BUT Im trying to be really good at writing in my journal so that I can better share once I get home.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IM IN BRASIL?!:!?! I usually don´t notice because Im always in the same building, but everynow and then it just HITS me! Wow!
How is everyone? Minha família- porque vocês nunca escrivir para mim? Vocês morrerem?
Wendee!! Thanks for writing me! Youre awesome! How was your mothers day? How was everyones mothers day? I sent out a card for vocês.
Mom could you keeping doing the family recap? Cause I feel a bit lost otherwise (I don´t hear anything about the family coming-and-goings)
As far as friends goe:
Write Me!!! Jared (My pal, and Megs cousin) gets kudos this week for being AWESOME and writing me! I´ll write you back as soon as I can, k amigo? I don´t have the time right now though.

So I´ll just leave you with this thought:
From all the things Ive learned this week I think one of the most amazing things is one of the most basic and most frequently heard- but PLEASE! Soak this in! Its TRUE! Its more true than we can even comprehend in this life!:
Deus nos ama!!! God loves us!
Every single thing He does for us is FOR our Happiness! And if we don~t recognize that in our lives we miss out on FEELING His love! Families! Our homes, our friends, the strengths He has given us! Every happiness we enjoy in this life is given to us because He loves us! I promise this is true, I hope everyone can feel His love in your life. And as we draw closer to Him, He will just CONTINUE to bless us that much more!!
I know that my Father in HEaven loves me for a million reasons, but I am often brought to immense amounts of gratitude when I think about the amazing people in my life.
K! Eu amo vocês para sempre!
[Becky! I miss you! I was reading your band stuff again today, that you sent me when I was in provo, how is all that coming along? I love your guts! Hey do you have maries address? Is she getting these letters? IS she in seattle? lemme know. In any case tell her I love and miss her!]
[danny- I got a letter from you! Im writing you a response hoje. Is cheo with you, or do you know where I can write him? Do you know why he´s being such a LOSER by not writing me??!?!? jk, but seriously, tell him he needs to pick up his old habits from our penpal days! :) Youre awesome danny! Keep it up! ]
[Meg!!! Are you dead?!?! Is your mom dead?!?! IS YOUR WHOLE FAMILY DEAD?!?! I love your guts. email me! I had stuff to tell you but Ive forgotten it all now. maybe I~ll remember next week. KLOVEYOUBYE! **But seriously, you used to email me everyday when I went to SCHOOL with you everyday!WHILE talking on the phone WHILE blogging you WHILE msnMessaging you.. you can kick one down once a week now can´t you?? Give me some love. XD****]
[Once again, Mom, youre the best EVER! I cant even say it enough! Sometimes I just say it outloud to whoever is around because I cant say it enough (Im not joking) Please forgive me if I hurt your feelings at all! Thank you so much for being amazing! Ps- I use your journals you made me everyday! Woot! amo amo amo amo amo amo amo você!]

oh hey, Im not sure how to send me packages once I get into the field. Ill have to find out. maybe you could email my mission pres? I dont know if you have his address though.. Oh I have to go, Im so out of email time.. byeeeeee MoRONi 8:3

0 comments: