CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Aqui

Well here I am ! Im finally here in belo horizonte! Madness, I know! I am feeling a gazillion different things, but mostly, just safe. Safe, peaceful and loved. It was weird to leave my companion and receieve a new one. My new companion is named Sis. Ferreira. Shes from Belem Brasil.
Oh my, I dont even know how to fit the past week into one email. Its been interesting. For some reason plane rides make me onery, but aside from that, I havent felt sad or anything like that at all! Just excited! Its very different here. OH! heres big news: for me anyway:
I was really stressed about the whole eating meat thing, and praying about it, and stressing because when I tried to eat it in the mtc, it made me really sick, etc, etc- but once I arrived here in belo - and had to eat it because there really is nothing else besides meat and rice, beans too- I can eat it just fine. It doesnt taste bad, it doesnt make me sick, and its not gross to think about. MILAGRE!
My mission is AMAZING! The missionaries in my mission are incredible. The brasilians are such a happy loving people! I bore my testimony in this big meeting with all of them, and they were all like "oh wow! you sound spanish!" haha.
I definitely dont know the language yet, but I think I have an ok foundation to learn. Especially since my companion is brasilian, I´ll be learning pretty fast.
RANDY!!! I meant to write you last time and tell you happy birthday! How was that? How do you feel?? What did you do for your birthday?
WENDEE AND MIKE!! Happy anniversary forever! I meant to write you two as well. Im so proud of you two, youre amazing! Happy everything to you!
Alex! I love your guts! I wrote you snailmail today, youll get it soon I think.

Hey guess whats cool about my mission- we all get cell phones! Cool huh? I dont care to use it, but its cool because I feel so safe, like I can call my district leaders and whatnot if I need anything. Its so cool. My mission president is seriously amazing.
Anyway, So yeah. Im in brasil! Tomorrow Im going to get a ticket recommendy thing to go to the satelite transmission of the Curitiba temple that is being dedicated on the 1st.
I dont have much time so just a couple more things:
to send me snailmail, send it to my mission home address. Its the fastest best way for snailmail, they have told us.
Otherwise email. Woot! Ok, well all is well here! I will send pictures when I can, but I dont really know when that will be.. I love you all!
Robbie, tell Becca thanks for the letter, shes amazing and I love her, and I will write her as soon as I can! and you should write me sometime too!

Eu amo vocĂȘs!!!! tchau tchau!
-Sblandon

1 comments:

Karen Samuelson Ricks said...

Hey Everybody, I will post the Mission Home address tomorrow so you can send snail mail if you wish.
Karen