CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

fisheyed photos in your black and white dreams have me dancing on the moon's silver gleam

Well, here I am again. Kicking at the lan house here in Sete Lagoas.
Im pretty positive this is my favorite place ever. A large part of it is the leadership here is fantastic. It makes my life a lot easier. I feel VERY blessed to be here.
The past couple weeks we've had some fun activities! Last week was a zone pday! It was fantastic because I got to see the other sisters who are far away (sisters;smith, batista and stevens) And we played fun games and music. One game was just ridiculous. There were 3 white shirts, 3 pairs of pants , 3 ties, and 3 belts. 3 sisters had a contest of who could dress up as an elder the fastest. It was hilarious. Then we had to IMITATE one. That wasnt my strong point.. but it was still SO funny. NOT as funny as seeing 3 elders dress up as sisters was though..
They even had to put on lipgloss! ooooooooh my. Ill send pictures when I can.
The work is going really well here!! I looooooooooove love love my ward. The ward members are all my best friends. There is a kid named Jorge who is EXACTLY like Matthew (my brother). He has the same mannerisms, and is strangly tall and strong for his young 16 years. he even has the same size hands (Matthew sent me a letter the other day with a tracing of his hand, and jorges hand fit PERFECTLY) he even has a squigly pinky on his left hand! The only difference is hes brown and matthew is white. But seriously. I love this kid. If only for the fact that its like hanging out with matthew. Some times I forget he[s NOT my brother, and I half expect him to pick me up and carry me around the way matthew did. But obviously, that wouldnt ever happen.

Anwyay, right now we[re teaching a REALLY cool guy named Jeferson! I LOVE this guy! He has jumped into the church with both feet! And is super excited for his baptism this saturday. Im so stoked to see this guy receive baptism. He has been SO prepared by the Lord. We're also teaching his daughter (who is married and lives in another neighborhood) and the elders are teaching his son Jackson (and his wife and kids.)
Its sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet to see families being taught. Its the best thing in the world.
Its weird to see time fly to fast though. It seems like Ive been here in Sete Lagoas forever- and at the same time, like I just got here yesterday.
We are teaching this guy named Cristiano who is super rad too. (ridiculously stubborn, but super rad). He plays almost EVERY instrument. He used t ohave a a cello, but he sold it just before I started teaching him (have I already told you all this?) But he said he is going to borrow it from someone so we can play together. (him on the violin, me on the cello.) I keep trying to tell him its been a loooooooooong time since Ive played - but I really want to play, so Im not going to discourage him from getting it >D
Anyway, I cant remember what Ive told you all already and not.
I know last week I didnt write anything, but I dont remember what I wrote the week before that (or even what happened... my life is always the same routine, so its hard to separate the different weeks)
But the point is, Im so happy to be alive, and here. The Lord is exceptionally merciful to me, and I am seeing it more and more every single day. ( a cada dia.. oh sorenson, if youre reading this, you have to know people are STILL making fun of me for that!! And I wrote you a letter, but I havent had a chance to send it yet. I LOVE YOU!!)
Anyway, I miss you all. Send me pictures. And thannnnnnnnnnnnk you thank you to those who have sent me letters- Im sorry its taken a while to respond. Like I said, Ive been short for time lately.
I wish you could all see sete lagoas. Its such a lovely place.
Ok well thats all for now. Im happy to be alive.
-com amor,
sb

0 comments: