CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Of Mice and Missionaries

brasil is freaking amazing. Yesterday there was a huge rain storm. My companion and I had to get to an appointment, so we just jumped right into it. So we get to our investigators house, and they had JUST so happened to buy each of us skirt. They were cute too! Then they drove us to the church where we had a meeting that night. It was so sweet. I love this family! Their names are Ana and Daisy. Ana´s husband just died 3 weeks ago, so things are pretty rough in their house. Simple things like saying "So, how are you guys!" is a mood killer. But they are super receptive, and very interested and excited about the church. They, like all investigators, have their "obstacles" that would keep them from getting baptized, but its all part of the process. Were it easy to do the right thing, it wouldnt mean anything.So things are going well. There are some big changes going on in the mission. For example, we as missionaries arent allowed to use the pass along cards. Also, in july (have I already mentioned this) My mission president is going home (he´s finishing his mission) and I will get a new brasilian one. But the BIG change is that the boundries of the mission will change, so we´re going to get a part of another mission in july. (does anyone know if andrew meek is still serving his mission, because if so, I´ll be seeing him in july.. he´s probably not though). So that will be cool to see.I´m in love with this work though. This transfer has seriously been one of the best. For instance, my fearless district leader- ELDER WINTER- , to help us out with our mice infestation, came over and killed some for us. Not just killed them, but chopped them in half. Were this a COOL lan house, that would actually let me use the usb port- I would show you. But dont worry- one day, you will see the carnage.(yeah, he definatly asked me to put that in there. But it´s true, the elders did chop mice up in our back yard. It was sick. At first I was sad to see so many little buggers die- but then when I found more in our house, I was disappointed they didn´t get them all..)Anyway, now that we have that behind us, I just have to say:I love and miss you. I´m grateful for all the love and support. I´m so grateful for the opportunity to assist in this great work. i lOVE YOU!

0 comments: