CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A week late

Sorry that this message is a week late. I had technical difficulties last week.

D&C 109:8
Well, I don’t know about you, but I personally am disappointed in the Utah science department. They predicted that huge earthquake, and were ENTIRELY wrong. It makes me wonder what ELSE they’re wrong about..Anyway, other than that, I’m grateful that that giant earthquake DIDNT come this year. Can you believe this year is OVER!?!? I know I can’t. I’m pretty sure I’m going to be thinking 2008 for another 10 months, and then as soon as I get the hang of 2009- it’ll be 2010..So things are going well here. It’s hot -as usual- but not unbearable, so that’s been nice. Last Sunday Pres. Izael (the branch president) gave a FANTASTIC talk. I’m excited to see how the branch will apply it.Yesterday I did my FIRST division (with WARD members!) So I went with Maria José and Sister Lima went with Talitta!Maria José is a regular; she leaves with us every Tuesday. She’s already served a mission, so she’s a good one to take with us. She has a tendency to stress over tiny miniscule things, but all the same, I love her to death. Talitta just moved back from São Paulo, and is thinking about serving a mission. She’s caught between wanting to serve the Lord and wanting to play in the world- so I think it was a really good experience for her to leave with us. She’s ADORABLE. She’s spunky and fun. Anyway, it was a good experience. I learned a lot about my capabilities, and what I need to work on.
I’ve been thinking a lot about who I am, and who I want to be. There is a book that Sis. Sorenson left that I’ve been reading a lot. It’s “the missionary’s little quote book”Here are some rad quotes that I hope EVERYONE will really internalize and soak in.
”You cannot antagonize and influence at the same time.” – J.s. Knox
“So long as a man is angry he cannot be right.”- a Chinese proverb
“Temptations and worries are a bit like the birds of the air. You can’t prevent them from flying around your head, but you can keep them from making a nest in your hair.” – Martin Luther
“We are NOT human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience.” – Tielhard de chardin
“I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not our circumstances.” – Martha Washington
“Don´t get discourage if you hit hard times. The hard times will teach you more than the good times will. Nothing is too tough to get through.” –Gwen Dutcher
So, all in all- I´m working hard to use these gems of knowledge and become the person I want to be.
Gotta run!! I love you all!







Even though most of you don’t write me...

0 comments: