CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

And so it goes...

Heeeeey there.
So life is good. This weeks adventures begin in a small house on the edge of town..
we´ve planned divisions with the members like 3 or 4 times this week and EVERY time it fell through because Katielle at the last moment had some sort of excuse for why she couldn´t leave with us. Bummer. But it was bittersweet news, because we needed the division- but I divisions. They stress me out of my mind. They´re good for me though, I learn a lot. I still them. I´m trying not to. So far so good (since they haven´t worked out at all this week..)
Oh, let me explain. A division with the members means that 2 members leave with us. One goes with one sister, and the other with the other. So, for example:
Maria José will go with me, and I will teach all the lessons and start every conversation, answer every question and resolve any doubts or confusion- and she´ll bear her testimony at the end that the church is true.

yep.

This week I found a scripture: Romans 8:35 Its talking about separating us from the Love of Christ. Nothing can separate His love from us- but what are we placing between us and RECEIVING that love?? It’s a profound concept. Let your mind boggle that one for a minute. See where the letters fall. (when was the last time you played boggle? That game reminds me of Grandma..)

On Saturday we had “New beginnings” at which, Jussara received a medallion thing.. it’s the gold on, not the fire-face one… (I was obviously very involved in these programs as a yw..) but it was SO cute, she cried as she bore her testimony *when she received it* and she said “But I´m not crying because I´m sad, I´m crying because I´m so happy.” She’s adorable. She’s the ONLY member in her family, and she’s firme forte na igreja.
Also, Wellington came to that same activity and church the next day ( I may, or may not have bribed him with a ring that he wanted..) It was good for him. I’m praying he’ll be there the upcoming Sunday. *in case anyone doesn’t know, or forgot, Wellington is a teenage kid who sis. Sorenson and I taught that hasn’t been too strong in the church since he received the Holy Ghost and Aaronic Priesthood. And by ‘too strong’ I mean he hasn´t been back since.. until this last Sunday!*

anyway, things are rolling a long. I can´t believe i´m in the FIFTH week of this transfer!! There is a joke going on that I´ll stay here in janaúba another 3 months (because if I stayed another transfer I would have to “kill” Sis. Lima, and then I´d have to stay another transfer after she went home, to show the next sister all the roads and how the whatnots function in the branch.) We´ll see. Its HIGHLY unlikely (that’s why it’s a joke) But who knows what the Lord has in store for me. In any case I love janaúba. The PLACE where i´m called has never been whats most important- its how I am utilizing the experiences and opportunities IN that place to further the Lords work.

Random fun fact: I dreamed Sis. Lima arranged to do a division, and when we got to the church it was Mark Johnson who would work with me that day! It was so much fun! Man I miss that kid! The whole time we kept asking “but how does this work? Aren´t I only allowed to leave with the sisters of the ward? Oh well..” haha. Que saudades.

Welp. That’s all. KLOVEYOUBYE

0 comments: