CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

If you don't want temptation to follow you, don't act as if you're interested. Richard L. Evans

well, here I am, pday again. If my suspicions are correct it will be my last pday here in Janaúba. Who really knows, but no one has heard of anyone staying in one place longer than 6 months.. and Ive been here 6 months. But I wouldnt mind staying longer. I love this town. I love this branch! The people here have become like family to me. There is a girl here name carol that got baptized 2 weeks ago (she is AWESOME) she went with me yesterday on a division *Maria José went with Sis. Lima* and she was telling me that if I´m transferred she will get so sick that Pres. Frei will HAVE to send me back.. it was sweet. In a strange way, granted, but still sweet.This past week has been interesting. In that it was full of good and bad. Good because we´re finding and teaching a lot of new awesome people. For example: Yesterday Leia told us she believes God has told her this is the path she should take! Woo!!!!! I love it when people are actually progressing!Bad because a baptism that we worked really hard for fell through. It was sad. And there isnt anything more we can do. But that´s life on the mission. there are ups and there are downs.. that´s life in general come to think of it..The trick is just putting into practice good knowledge and using the past to help you create the future you want.*Easier said than done though, eh?*
Anyway, so completely off that subject, today Sis. Lima and I primped ourselves. She put something creamy in my hair to do something or other good to it. Then we used the masks that we got for christmas from chelsea *thankssss!!* It was a riot! we laughed until we cried.
Apparently someone called in to ask for a family booklet (from the pass along cards that we give out) but with my name. No, not with SISTER blandon, but with SUZANNE blandon. So it was apparently someone who knows me pretty well (but not well enough to get the house number right.. they were close. estranho..)
Anyway, Sis. Lima is done with her internet jazz so Ive got to run. But let it be known that I am well and happy. I love this work. I LOVE seeing members of the church bear their testimonies and feeling the veracity of it. I love learning new things from things that Ive read all my life. I love that the cycle of learning never EVER ends- but that it all depends on our faith that God will always teach us new things, and our capacity to seek diligently.What truth did you miss learning today because you didn´t take the time to search the scriptures? Don´t let a day pass by without learning something new.This day is precious.com amor- sb0d

0 comments: