CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas

Today is our equivalent of Christmas. Fun huh? I’m personally excited. Pday ends at 8:30 today instead of 6! I don’t even know what to think of it! This week has been really good! The rain is still keeping us up to our knees in mud (ok, not literally, but there really IS a lot of mud.. I person find it fun… Until we have to go INSIDE someone’s house.. :s ) Last Saturday we had a really fun activity in the church. It was “O Melhor Prato”. So everyone in the branch was invited to make a dish and then they were judged and given prizes. It was a LOT of fun. Us missionaries were the judges :D So it went like this: us four sat at a big table at which, the 5 entries were placed. *it was raining, so pretty much no one came.. it still turned out well though.* Then which each entry, the person who made it would come up and explain what and how they made it. 2 of the entries I have to tell you what they said (not that the others weren´t great, but these ones are note worthy I suppose.) 1. Nicalou. He came up and explained the dish like this: “I made a dish of beans (then explained how he made the beans) and rice (then the rice) and then there is a layer of sausage (which he explained how he cooked it) and then I made a side that has just eggs, because there are some people that don´t eat meat.. so I made some eggs, and then a layer of lettuce and tomato.” It was SO CUTE! You have to understand, this is the sweetest little guy! He lives by himself and has a gas stove (note, NOT oven, because he doesn’t have an oven) with ONE burner. Do you even know how long it would take to make all of that on ONE burner? And the fact that he made me eggs! Oh! It was so sweet. 2. Ivan came up and pulled his bread out of the bakery bag.. haha. He obviously just went to a local bakery and bought some bread. He said “I was going to make something sweet, but the place where I went to go.. make.. it… didn´t have any.” Haha
Anyway, I took pictures, and as soon as the memory card gods don´t hate me any more and I can figure out how to take my pictures OFF the card- I´ll send you some.
Oh, on Wednesday we had thanksgiving! The memory card gods only hate sis. Sorenson half the time, so here are some pictures from her camera:
some fun facts (because Im out of time and wanted to share these things, they aren´t in great detail like I wanted them to be)- The constitution was established by God (so to go against it.. bad idea..) D&C 101:80-please look up and read, if possible make a FHE of: The talk by Jeffery R. Holland from the may 2004 ensign titled “abide in me”-I don´t remember why, but apparently I wrote down and wanted to share 2 Nephi 31:13-21.. so go read that (please)-please read the talk by Bishop Keith B. McMullin, titled “lay up in store” in the may 2007 ensign *mom especially you k? please do a fhe of this. And pay close attention to the section “lay up in store” on page 52 :D*-the time difference here is 5 hours, btw
K THAT’S ALL! I´m sorry I don’t have more time to write everyone this week! Today is a crazy day! I love you all!Special shout out to:Wendee! Thanks for the pic! It was delicious!Becky! I love you!Christina! Where is this week´s blog?!? And I´m so so so sorry I haven’t had time to write you back! Next week I promise I´ll write!
KLOVEYOUBYE!
pix3. Christmas glee!6. thanksgiving goodness16. the beautiful streets of janaúba

0 comments: