CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 10, 2008

Ode to Fiona Faith

Hi. Well. I´m left speechless at this moment. I´m not blaming anyone. There is no blame to place. Yet, still I´m feeling that piece of my heart sting. That (rather large) piece of my heart that I gave to my beloved Fiona Faith. Yes. My Alfa Romeo. *sigh* I recognize that material things aren´t really something to mourn. .... but... well.. I guess we´re all tried in our own ways. So that´s that I suppose. Oh well. Car shopping after the mission is all part of the process isn´t it? ... *nãovouchorar nãovouchorar nãovouchorar nãovouchorar nãovouchorar nãovouchorar nãovouchorar nãovouchorar*
OK so. What was I saying? Oh yes. So this week was good. It was a rollar coaster! But As of right now things are good. We´re teaching some really rad people, and it´s been fun to really get to know them. We´ve been teaching Leila since I GOT here, and it´s been a roller coaster with her, but THANKFULLY she´s finally ready to be baptized! SO this weekend will be her baptism. She´s such a rad girl. She´s 23 and has 2 kids. It´s hard to really describe the character of a person, but she´s a very spunky fun girl. Suffice to saw we love her guts. I´m really excited for her.One thing that I really need help on is:Smoking. We have a few investigators right now that are trying to quit smoking, so I need tips! I need to know what works, and why, and I´d love to have some sweet success stories to share. SO. Gimme whatchoov got. But seriously, I´d really love some help, because all I really know about quitting smoking is it´s incomprehensibly hard to understand how hard it is… so. Yes.
This weekend was a bit hard though, knowing the whole world was listening to the sweet word of the Lord- and I wasn´t able :( But I WILL. But still. I struggled with it a bit. It was a good saturday/sunday though.
I don´t know if I`ll have time to write next week because next week is our PDAY de DISTRITO! We´re going to go fishing. I´m really excited! Although I´m not a huge fan of fishing. I really only have been once though, and it was YEARS ago (Hey, remember that day Michael and Robbie? We were at Matt Thomas´ cabin in new mexico! Woot!) and well. Who knows. Maybe it´ll be different now? In any case I`m sure it´ll be fun just to chill and hang out with everyone.
One thing I have to say is: My mother is the freaking coolest!! We were talking to Leila and she was talking about being a single mom and having to work. She said something to the extent of “When I just had one it was do-able, but it´s so much harder with two! I don´t know how I´m going to do it!” and I thought to myself- watching this woman struggle financially and emotionally- “Woah. My mom did it with SEVEN kids.” I am still in awe. She´s a warrior. I have such a greater respect for her now seeing the strength it takes- from an adult´s point of view. Yay mom! I love you! Thank you for being such an amazing example to me! Thank you for being so wonderful and continuing to be so! Keep up the good work! Te agradeço e amo para sempre!Também tem um rapaz cujo pais estão um pouco.. não sei como explicar, mas esse rapaz está vivendo na rua esses dias, e sou grata pelos meus pais. Estou reconhecendo tantas bênçãos eu tinha que eu nem reconhecia até agora. Muito obrigada!!! Muito muito obrigada.Anyway, I´m happy and grateful for the countless blessings the Lord is continually giving me. And I´d like to thank you all for being a part of those blessings.okey dokey. Até mais.vos amo- para sempre- sblandon

0 comments: