CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Still in Janauba

OH my! Well, time flies when you´re having fun- so I guess that’s a good sign for me! This week has FLOWN by! This past week I hit my 6 month anniversary :s
Here on the mission we have mission LINGO. For example:
I was “born” in Alvorada, and my “mom” was Sis. Ferreira. Anyway, so yeah, the mission “bday” is all a part of the culture too (we had a cake with a candle even on Sis. Ferreira´s “bday” when we were there in Montes Claros the last transfer.)
But its so WEIRD! I still feel so NEW. So fresh into the field! But at the same time, I can see how I´m NOT. Not so much in the LANGUAGE (there has only been 6 WEEKS of my entire mission that I COULDN’T speak English.. so my Portuguese skills are.. well.. … awesome. . *shifty eyes*)
But I´m REALLY excited about this transfer for a few reasons. Leemmme list them:
-Im still here in janaúba!!!!!!!! I love janaúba!!! Even though it´s supposed to warm up now that summer is on its way (oh my..)
-I´m still with Sis. Sorenson!!!! I LoooooooOOOoove her!!! So I´m excited to continue working with her :D
-I realized Ive reached a point where I´m no longer LEARNING the “motions” the routine and whatnot of missionary work- so now it´s time for me to really give it all I´ve got and NOT let myself fall into just going through the motions. That´s something that I think Ive had problems with my whole life- just going through the motions. But I REFUSE to live that way any longer. I don´t care if the motion seems like it’s the same as yesterday- EVERY day is new- and EVERY experience and moment has SOMETHING new to offer! And there will ALWAYS be more for me to give- I just need to find it in myself to GIVE it.
I´m also SO grateful that I don´t have to leave our investigators right now. Whom I LOVE! OOOOOOh my goodness! There is a couple that we´re teaching that I think I mentioned last week (Juliana and Rodney), anyway they called us one day and said “Today is our wedding anniversary, and I don´t know how you celebrate it in America, but we were wondering if you´d like to come over and have some cake with us. We´re just having a very small get together with our very closest friends.” VERY CLOSEST FRIENDS! And they invited US! IT was so cute!! They´re talking about moving to the US in couple years, and I´m REALLY hoping they´ll be close to where ever I am at the time!! That would be SO awesome! Also, we´ve been working with this adorable girl Leila, who is SO rad. She´s such a gueirra! And after a WHOLE TRANSFER of Sundays gone wrong!!! She finally made it to church last Sunday –even though her daughter had chickenpox and her mom trying to get her to not go! It was fantastic.
The lessons this week have been –bah! I can´t even express the feeling. But really REALLY cool. The happiest feeling Ive ever felt in my life.
Unfortunately our recent converts Joaquina and Welligton aren´t doing so well. But we´re working really hard to help them understand the covenant they made. :/

So anyway, Im super excited for this transfer. Sis. Sorenson gave me a CD for my “bday” Cute huh? Have I mentioned lately how much I love this girl? Her sense of humor is PRICELESS. But more than that she just radiates such a solid, calming spirit. She´s a very good missionary. She´s very in tune with the spirit. It’s a huge blessing to be here with her. We did face masks the other night XD muahaha
OOOOOH I received a package from Papi/ Christina on Saturday!!!! THank you Thank you thank you!!!! It was SUCH a pleasant surprise! A. Because I wasn’t expecting it (I´m glad you didn’t tell me you were sending it, its funner to be surprised by the packages, the suspense of waiting for them kicks my butt) and B. Because I didn’t know I COULD get packages here! Woot! Apparently I can. So that´s good news. So letters (and packages if you want) can still go to the address I gave you a little while back (the Av. Saudade apt. 201, Bairro Saudade, Janaúba, MG 39440-000 brasil)

I ALSO received a letter from Halei Ludlow!! Thank you!! It was fantastic to hear from you! Unfortunately it JUST so happened to be the ONE day (really, this usually NEVER happens) that someone decided for WHOKNOWS WHY to wash the floors.
Which was great! Until I realized that the letter was ON the floor, consequently was soaked, and completely unreadable .
I took a picture, I´ll send it to you. But yeah, so thank you! But feel free to write me again (the chances of this happening again are slim to nothing because they NEVER wash the floors, it was a freak chance I promise.). Oh and thanks for the picture! XD

******************************

**IMPORTANTE**************************************
I just wanted to point out that everyone should be working on their 72 hr kits and food storage! This world isn´t getting any better folks!!!
No, but really, I know it´s hard some times to budget food storage in, but I promise it´ll be 100% harder AFTER a natural disaster. Então- esforce!!

.. no but seriously.
**********************************************************************************

So, I wanted to shout out to my peeps, cause it feels like a million years since Ive talked to them- even though Im writing people every week (snailmail, gotta love it..)
Meg: Have I mentioned lately that I´m OBSESSED WITH YOU!! Christina is an ANGEL and mailed me a CD with pictures and a word doc of your BLOG!!!!!!!
YOU ARE AMAZING! Your tree is RAD! I love the softer world stuff…
and darling: DANG GINA! You´re stinking hot!! How are you so gorgeous!!! Oh! I miss you! Write me at my saudades address k pal? Sounds like life is going huh? Yeah mine too.. But I miss you tons, and I think/miss/talkabout/pray for you everyday. Tell your family I miss and love them too. Send me pics of Zoe. Don´t get TOO accustomed to life without me k :/


Anyway, I don´t have time to write everyone individually but I wanted a few people to know that even though I suck at writing, I still think about and miss and love you!!!
some- NOT ALL- but here are some
-Ashley Walton!
-Mark Johnson!
-Danny freaking Wilkins!
-Mr. E. Chavarria!
-Margaret!
-oooooooooooh and everyone from VF3!! Becca, Angela, Rachel, Ashley and Brittney, Nate, Chris, John, etc!
-Elizabeth and Lisa Delgado *yeah yeah, not Delgado anymore, but still
-Lisa, Michael and Daniel Carter!!!! I´ve been meaning to write you 3 for oh, 6 months now, but I don´t have any of your addresses anymore. Pode me dá?

And lots more, but yeah. I love you all!! I hope things are going well for everyone.

0 comments: