CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Slumber Party!

HEllooooooooooo!

This week was kinda CRAZY! Sis. Sorenson and I went to Montes Claros from Thursday until Sunday!!! Because we had various conferences there with our zone as well as the district. So we slept over at the Sisters house there in Montes Claros! And when we didn´t have meetings we worked with them. It was way fun! It was cool cause the companionship there is Sis. Ferreira and Sis . de Souza. Sis. Ferreira and I were together my transfer, and Sis. De souza was in the CTM with me (Also she was with Sis. Sorenson last transfer) so it was kinda like a big slumber party (only no one goes to bed at 10:30 at slumber parties) It was way fun. While doing contacts one night Sis. Ferreira was like "my daughter! You´re growing up so fast! you speak!" haha
But I SERIOUSLY missed Janaúba. We were both relieved when we arrived home. The conferences were all really good too. ***right now the store across the street is playing “sweet child of mine” and i´m having SERIOUS guitar hero withdrawals..*** They talked about different ways to show reverence. Like, showing up to church early so you can listen to the prelude music (NOT to talk to the person on the bench behind you until the bishop stands up) and being wise about how you entertain your kids during sacrament meeting. Lots of good stuff. And how preparation for Sunday starts on Saturday night. Little things that make a big difference. It was fun to see Sis. Frei speak, even just since Ive gotten here her Portuguese has gotten better! She´s a gueirra.
We gave a special lesson to one of our investigators yesterday about the need for tribulations to be able to progress in this life. It´s really gotten me thinking about how important it is to HAVE trials, but not just HAVE them, to learn FROM them! (d&c 122:7-9 and 58:2-3 & mosiah 4:9 <- reeeeeead them!) More than all this, the perfection of how many trials we´re given. Because the Lord has promised that He´ll never allow us to have more trials than we can bear- but we have to TRUST in that promise! He is INCAPABLE of lying. That is a very very important thing to remember. Oh. I love being a missionary. That´s another thing that Ive been thinking about a lot lately: I LOVE being a missionary!!! I´m enjoying it now SO much more than I have the past transfers. I´m not EXACTLY sure what the difference is, but I know the Lord has blessed me with a better perspective of why it´s so awesome to be a missionary. Every moment is SO precious! I´m just happy.

OH! Hey, so I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to the packages I received! Everything is fantastic, and I´ve already put everything to good use!! Thank you thank you! Oh mom, as far as packages go though, I think they have to be sent to the office rather than to the apartment.
Hey congrats to Diane! I´m excited for your new adventure!
Elliott! That is a GIANT catapiller! You´ll have to photoshop Georgie into latest family picture. I´m so proud of you for letting him go though! You´re such a good kid! I miss you tons!
OH******** thank you thank you mom for sending pictures! I don´t know what it is about pictures, but Ive been obsessed with pictures for as long as I can remember, so it was particularly satisfying to receive. I also enjoyed alex´s tooth (I cant believe I´m missing that adorable front-toothless phase! Take lots of pictures…)
Well that´s about it. Now that I have this rad USP picture thing, I´ll slap some pictures on here  Woot! I love and miss you all tons!

pictures:
-"punks not dead" and this is why I love brasil.

-Janaúba sunsets!!! The best in the world!

-one of my doodles that I was asked to make for an elder

-Janaúba center street! woot! I love this town

-Joaquina´s baptism! I don´t know what my hair is doing, so don´t mind that..
But from right to left: E. Saucedo, Eu, Joaquina, S. Sorenson, E. Barbosa.


[Hey mom, you didn´t mention anything about the colored pencil refills. Is that a possibility, for you to send that over here, do you think? Lemme know.]

0 comments: