CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sent without the pictures!

OI!So! Here I am in ADORABLE Janaúba! I love this place! It´s the cutest little town! Let me just paint a picture for you here:- Smalltown-lots of fields and open space-EVERYONE rides bicicles. Kids. Teenagers. Adults. Ancient old men. Aaaaaand- they ride bikes TOGETHER. So far the most Ive seen on one bike is 3, but Sis. Sorenson said she saw a family of 4 on one bike. THAT is skill!-Happy, humble people!-dirt roads. LOTS of them.-OR cobble stone.
I don´t know what exactly it is that has caught my fancy exactly, but this place feels SO homey to me! I love it! It’s a MILLION degrees, but I am learning to cope.
As far as the people go, they´re good humble people. They really radiate a wholesome spirit- but since it IS so hot, they don´t really like to leave their houses, so its hard to get them to church. Oh church! In this area it´s a branch.Let me tell YOU about excitement! We´re sitting in relief society and the president of the branch comes in and informs Sis. Sorenson and I that we need to teach primary today because the primary teacher didn´t come.I have a new found –and DEEP- respect for primary teachers! NOSSA (<- the equivalent of “OH MY!”). It was chaos. And Lots of fun. I went home and re-read all my letters from my boys.Speaking of WHICH, I just need to re-emphasize my gratitude for the package from Gwen!!!!! Breakfast is so exciting every morning now!!!! And After this (I´ve been planning for a while now..) I´m going to bask in the glory that IS Mac&cheese..But really, everything in that package is MOST appreciated! I am still feeling the joy and excitement from each item (Sis. Sorenson was excited about the TMNT backpack, because it is amazingly awesome.)SO! Lots of hugs for Gwen! OH guess what! Sis. Sorenson has this thingy, a USB connector with an outlet thing for memory cards(yes that IS the technical term..) SO: PHOTOSSSS
Sis. Shepherd with this awesome car. Yeah, I think I´m going to bring one of THESE home with me..
The Jardim Family!!! Yay! From left to right:Ana, Aninha, Me, Marcos vinicius, Elias, Paulo Henrique.
The whole family! *Henrique had to work the night of thebaptism  so he didn´t get to see all his family get baptized. Sad story. But look how happy he is here!! :D
Woot! L to R: André, Alessandra, Stefany, paulo, Sis. Shepherd and I.
Alvorada sunset.
TRANSFERS! L to R: Sis. Frei, Sis. Sorenson, Sis. Shepherd, Me. Yay for being American.
So yeah. Proof I´m alive huh?
Hey mom, How´s Mrs. O? I miss her.
Today´s favorite scriptures:D&C 50:40-42Ether 12:4
Read them. Love them. No, but really, read them k?
So, yeah. I´ve been on cloud 9 this past week, I am seriously in love with Janaúba! I´m so excited for this transfer! It´s going to be a good one!Hey. How about more pictures? Yeah, I thought so too..
Hey this is us! Right now! Sweet huh..
So, like I said I´ve been into a big drawing kick lately. Here is a picture I drew for Elder Dantas who asked for it (a cover for his planner.)
Pretty exciting huh?
Yeah. Apparently even Brasil knows Punk´s not dead.*check out my awesome orange bag! Yeah, I accidentally left MY bag at the bus station when we had transfers, so Ive been using this one of Sis. Sorensons. Its stinkin cute.
For valentines day at the mall there was a booth that you could write to your “special someone” and then put it on a big wall of confessions.
This was my district there in Alvorada. L to R: Me, Sis. Shepherd, Elder Dantas e Elder Judd.
CTM pictures anyone? I agree.

This was the day I forgot to take off my pajama´s…
Here is my dictionary (there was a lot of time to doodle in the CTM.. I took notes too though, no worries!)
Tuttle, me, Francis.
Hey Becky. Look it´s Keaton Anderson.

Our awesome district. We were pretty much the coolest.I don´t really remember their names now though.. :s
Ok, well I´m out of time. Have fun, be safe, and know that I love you ALL SO MUCH!!!!

0 comments: