CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pizza Buzz

Hi.
Well Transfers have come and gone. Its interesting, transfers are like a mini mission call. The suspense, the fact that your future is in the hands of the Lord and you ONLY get to find out at a specific time.. Anyway, point is:I'm still kicking it in Janauba- WITH Sis. Sorenson! I personally am stoked to stick with her- and though it is a million degrees there in Janauba, I'm happy to still be there too. There's no hills.. no I'm just kidding, it's way more than that, I love the people.So that's that. Another 6 weeks in Janauba. IF they keep that area open after this transfer than I'll have been there for six MONTHS. Madness huh? But it's possible that they'll take the sisters out of Janauba after this transfer- BUT WHO KNOWS. All I knooow- all= I know is that I don't know nothing.. oh, wait no, I meant to say is it's all in the Lord's hands. It's funny though, we were SURE that at least ONE of us was going to leave- so we said goodbye to everyone.. that'll be a little awkward when we are there on Sunday and everyone will be like wow.. you're STILL here?... oh.. I mean it's good..:D hahaAnyway, pretty sure no one will believe Sis. Sorenson when she says she's leaving (though she's ending her mission at the end of this transfer- so she's FOR SURE leaving, haha..) As for me- who knows, maybe I'll be there for the rest of my mission! There is a sister here (who is going home tomorrow actually..) who spent a month and a half in an area, then left- then went BACK to that same area and stayed for 6 months= and then left, and then went BACK for her last transfer! That's NINE months of her mission in ONE area. So who knows, anything is possible. Oh my, I'm rambling..Last night we ate pizza. Usually they have a contest to see who can eat the most. I was determined to win. The record was 18- so I ate

6. Close though, yeah? Of course then I was throwing up for the rest of the night.. whoops.. I've learned a valuable lesson: over eating sucks
In any case, I hear that Obama won the elections, how does everyone feel about that?? (btw why didn't anyone tell me? - luckily Sis. Sorenson's family told her- I was SO so so so anxious to know.) Anyway, yay for politics.. (that is my response that I'm putting instead of alllll=lllllllllllllllll of my real thoughts that are bouncing around in my head=. I actually am really interested in politics.. but who has the time or means to keep up on politics on the mish? No one..)
I don't know what to write today. Usually I have a lot more to talk about, but for some reason my mind has gone blank. So I'll leave it at this:
I love this gospel. I love how perfectly logical it is- and how it makes more and more sense to me every day. I love seeing God's love for His children in every part of my life. I'm so grateful to know that He hears and answers our prayers. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints IS the church of Christ. There is no other. This testimony I have is strengthened by the logics and the miracles I'm seeing- but more than all this- this testimony is from the witness that God in His mercy has seen fit to give me, through the Holy Ghost.Jesus is the Christ. He is my Savior. He -and only He- has made repentance and mercy possible. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who allows all -even someone as weak and selfish as I- to pour their hearts out to Him in any and every minute of every day. To HIM. Not to anyone else. There is no line to wait, no receptionist to go through, no process of elimination to find those that He has time for or are important enough. We can communicate directly to Him- and He is always listening.
I know He lives. I know He loves me. I know that Jesus Christ will return- and the calamities of the world today are a witness of that truth.
I love you all, and I hope all is well there. Thanks for the love and support. I miss you all. Be happy, be safe, remember who you are and what you stand in.
-sb

0 comments: